Wed, 21 Oct|
Kanban Method: The most advanced management method for 21st-century organisations
Learn and master the Kanban method to have happier employees and customers, while delivering faster and with higher quality and predictability.
Time & Location
21 Oct 2020, 18:00 – 19:00 CEST
About the Event
"The most important, and indeed the truly unique, contribution of management in the 20th century was the fifty-fold increase in the productivity of the manual worker in manufacturing. The most important contribution management needs to make in the 21st century is similarly to increase the productivity of knowledge work and knowledge workers. The most valuable asset of a 20th-century company was its production equipment. The most valuable asset of a 21st-century institution (whether business or nonbusiness) will be its knowledge workers and their productivity." – Peter F. Drucker
- Are you a knowledge worker? Yes, you are.
- Does your team consist of knowledge workers? Yes, it does.
- Do you have limited capital, resources, and time to execute your vision? Most probably.
- Do you have satisfied customers, employees, and stakeholders? Hard to say.
- Do you focus on managing work or workers?
- How do you measure your capability to meet customer demand?
And many other questions. The point is that 21st-century knowledge workers and their managers deal with entirely different challenges than 19th and 20th Century manual workers in the assembly line. Hence, the techniques you use to manage work and organization must be different.
Kanban method's motivation is to address this challenge. Read about it more here https://www.learnkanban.cz/kanban-agendas-certifications
Join this short session to get familiar with Kanban as a management method and see how you can use it to get to outcomes and capabilities such as:
- Relief from overburdening at the individual, team, and organization level
- Workforce cohesion and employee fulfillment
- Meeting customer expectations
- Delivering satisfaction to customers
- Defining and managing organizational identity and purpose
- Resilience to setbacks and market turbulence
- Predictable, sustainable economic performance and financial robustness
- Organizational agility
- Congruence of decision making from top to bottom
- Long term survivability
- Meaningful, institutionalized change that sticks.
Who will get benefit from this short session?
Managers (technical or non-technical) and anyone wanting to continuously improve their organization and reach outcomes and capabilities mentioned above.
The kind of managers that benefit from learning and using the Kanban method are C-Level Executives, Founders, Directors, Business Unit Managers, People Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Technical Directors, Heads of PMO, Heads of Product, Engineering Managers, Team Leaders.
Continuous improvement accelerates when individual contributors learn and use the Kanban method too. Professionals such as Software Engineers, QA Specialists, Release Managers, Project Managers, Portfolio or Program Managers, Project governance Auditors, Process Engineers, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Product Owners, Product Managers.
Read about the presentor here: https://www.learnkanban.cz/about-kaveh-kalantar-hormozi
wework members and Friends
This is free session for all wework members and friends.