Online: Kanban Coaching Practices (KCP)
Time & Location
About the Event
- This online class will be conducted in 4 consecutive days.
- Each day for 4 hours.
- The Class is on Thursday, Friday, Monday, and Tuesday.
- On weekend you rest, reflect and review some of the learnings.
- If dates/time does not match your schedule or time-zone, feel free to contact us for alternative options.
- Understand Social Contextual Mapping as a means to see what and how to change
- Recognize four dimensions of social context as levers and understand tools to shift culture and sociology to enable change
- Social capital
- Social cohesion
- Social innovation
- Tribal behavior
- Understand “first who, then why” – why identity matters more than purpose in defining behavior
- How to identity tribes and informal social groups
- How to model the identity of individuals and groups
- How to predict behavior based upon identity
- How to analyze and model the social capital, social cohesion, and social innovation of the tribes in your workplace
- Tools, actions, behaviors and values to modify the sociology and culture in the workplace
- When to tighten social cohesion to drive change
- How to improve trust and social capital, versus how to undermine it
- How and when to use Kanban coaching tools such as STATIK, the Kanban Lens, the Kanban Litmus Test
- Tools, actions, behaviors, and values to modify the sociology and culture in the workplace 2, 3 and 4
- Learn to coach common objections such as “all our demand has a fixed delivery date,” and “all our demand is irrefutable”
- Learn when and how to implement the service delivery manage (SDM) and service request manager roles with Kanban
- How to negotiate the implementation of Kanban with a broader group of stakeholders after completion of a STATIK workshop
How to negotiate the implementation of Kanban with a broader group of stakeholders after completion of a STATIK workshop
This class is intended to extend the coaching skills of those who have already taken the Kanban Maturity Model class and want to attain the Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) credential.
Together with the KMM it provides the full playbook of current Kanban coaching techniques
This class is generally useful for anyone who wants to coach a Kanban initiative with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 3 using the playbook as map and guide.
The Kanban Maturity Model (KMM) course is required to attend this course.
Kanban University® Credential
Are you looking for an internationally recognized credential in the Kanban Method?
This class is generally useful for anyone who wants to coach a Kanban initiative with a goal of achieving Maturity Level 3 using the playbook as a map and guide.
- Understanding identity and how it relates to willingness or resistance to change
- Understanding social context
- Social capital / Trust
- Social cohesion
- Social innovation & adaptability
- Tribal assessment & behavior
Day 2 – Motivating & Implementing Change
- Traditional designed & managed change, and the J-curve effect
- Appropriateness of Kanban – contextual assessment
- STATIK – the systems thinking approach to implementing Kanban
- Barriers to achieving Maturity Level 2
- Barriers to achieving Maturity Level 3
- Coping with Fixed Date Demand
- Coping with Irrefutable Demand
- When and how to implement the SDM and SRM roles with Kanban
- Barriers to Maturity Level 4
- Kanban Litmus Test
- Kanban Coaching Philosophy
- 6 steps of the Change Motivation Escalator
- Wrap up, reflection
- “What will you do differently from next Monday?”
- Standard Early BirdCZK 28,200+CZK 5,640 VATCZK 28,200+CZK 5,640 VAT0CZK 0
- StandardCZK 32,500+CZK 6,500 VATCZK 32,500+CZK 6,500 VAT0CZK 0